Thursday, October 9, 2008

Getting to know me...

My kitchen wood range is a waterford wood stanley from Ireland, (I got it 2nd hand for $150), I love it. On the stove is my Himalayan salt lamp, the kettle, a tea pot full of vanilla rooibos and I'm reheating a pot of homemade free range chicken soup.

Here is a survey I received yesterday and forwarded on...

1. What is your occupation right now? Full time SAHM /fire maker / cook /domestic slave /occasional body piercer...

2. What color are your socks right now? Black as usual.

3. What are you listening to right now? Crackling fire in the woodstove

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Chicken soup.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? T

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yup, all these years later, still luv ya!

8. How old are you today? 34

9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? They still have SPORTS on TV?!!! Jk lol

10. What is your favorite drink? Good dark fair trade organic coffee w/ stevia & ricemilk.

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yup

12. Favorite food? Avocados w/ goat cheese and hot sauce on kamut bread…mmmm

13. What is the last movie you watched? Juno

14. Favorite day of the year? My next day all to myself! (not holding my breath…)

15. How do you vent anger? I either clean, yell, or go for a walk where there are no people...

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Books.

17. What is your favorite season? Fall.

18. Cherries or Blueberries? Blueberries

19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? If they feel like it…No pressure from me folks!

20. Who is the most likely to respond? IDK… Like I said, no pressure…

21. Who is least likely to respond? See above.

22. Living arrangements? Old house in the sticks w/ wood heat…

23. When was the last time you cried? After visiting my Grandma in the Alzheimer’s wing of the nursing home.

24. What is on the floor of your closet? Boots and my bike helmet

25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? J

26. What did you do last night? Dishes and laundry…sad but true!

27. What are you most afraid of? Tsunami (-I know it’s silly, but the ocean is right there, we’d be toast…)

28. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? None

29. Favorite dog breed? Tie between Yellow and chocolate Lab…

Any smart, friendly, not-yappy dog, who’s not up in my face or in my garden, is cool w/ me tho…

30. Favorite day of the week? It’s all the same fucking day, man…(J.Joplin)

31. How many states/provinces! have you lived in? 4 provinces

32. Diamonds or pearls? pearls

33. What is your favorite flower? Wild rose


This is what the weather's like here now, so windy and damp that it feels much colder than it really is. It's a great day to be inside tending the fire.

3 comments:

MoonRaven said...

Thanks for sharing this. It's nice to discover another person who's favorite thing as a child was books. (Me, too.)

And I love that wood stove. Thanks for the picture--and I like the picture of the ocean between the houses. That's a pretty view.

undacova mutha said...

Thank You for your lovely comments moonraven. It's nice to know someone's out there...

I still love my books, even tho I usually get my reading fix on the computer these days!

I'm glad you like my pictures. (The ocean view is out the kitchen window, between our house and barn)

Anonymous said...

what do you say.
still salt lamps is good for Health ?
i think yes,
what is your thinking ?

Himalayan salt lamp
Free delivery anywhere in Ireland